Greensburg, IN Full-Time
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., a division of Hitachi Chemical, is a state-of-the-art automotive parts manufacturer of Powdered Metal Engine Components is recruiting for a Senior Accountant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Process vendor invoices, match invoices to related packing slip (if applicable) and ensure proper coding to general ledger.
• Initiate payments to vendors including transmitting positive pay file.
• Research vendor transactions to assist with keeping accounts current and transactions resolved.
• Maintain, review, and keep current A/P detail and accrued purchases including reconciling to general ledger to keep transactions current.
• Maintain construction in process, fixed asset and depreciation schedule.
• Prepare the schedules necessary for external accountants.
• Ad hoc reporting.
• Perform all assignments safely, including such tasks as lifting properly, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and following all safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area utilizing the 6S policy in regards to policies, procedures, and daily activities.
• Bachelor’s in Accounting
• 3-5 years general accounting experience
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Must be detailed oriented.
• Must possess strong organizational skills and have the ability to manage time and resources effectively.
• Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from your Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) records to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and 401k. Medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance is available to employees starting on day one. Other benefits to employees include:
• Paid holidays.
• Paid vacation.
• Advancement opportunities.
• Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement.
• Vehicle supplier discounts.
• Miscellaneous discounts (travel, electronics, etc.).
• Wellness Initiatives.
• Referral Bonus.
• Perfect Attendance Bonus.
• Pet Insurance Discounts.
• Identity Theft Protection Discounts.
To learn more about HPMA, Inc., please visit our website at www.hitachi-pm.us
• All applicants must complete the online application by following the Apply Now link below to the external application.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.