Sales Account Manager
Wixom, MI Full-Time
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., (HPMA) a supplier of automotive valve train component parts to major automotive manufacturers in North America. Headquartered in Greensburg, Indiana, HPMA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Account Manager to serve our automotive customers from our Wixom, MI. office. The Account Manager will be responsible for all aspects of customer support, from high-level presentations and negotiations, to regular and timely communication of customer product and service requirements. Conduct regular visits to customer purchasing, planning, and engineering personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate and communicate customer issues and activities with HPMA internal departments
• Provide technical and commercial reports and documentation as required to both customer and internal support departments
• Pursue new business growth opportunities with customers
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of automotive market trends, practices, and new developments and opportunities, and communicate to senior management in a timely and effective manner.
• BSME or equivalent technical degree or experience
• 5-7 years’ experience in automotive account management for Tier 1 suppliers
• Understanding of engine and valve train technology preferred
• Ability to prepare sales forecasts, and collect and analyze data to evaluate current sales trends
• Knowledge of customer communication channels including electronic data communications
• Strong problem solving, decision-making, and negotiating skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in PC applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Travel 30-40%
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is required to stand, sit and/or walk for long periods of time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and 401k. Medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance is available to employees starting on day one. Other benefits to employees include:
• Paid holidays.
• Advancement opportunities.
• Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement.
• Vehicle supplier discounts.
• Miscellaneous discounts (travel, electronics, etc.).
• Wellness Initiatives.
• Referral Bonus.
• Perfect Attendance Bonus
• Pet Insurance Discounts.
• Identity Theft Protection Discounts.
To learn more about HPMA, Inc., please visit our website at www.hitachi-pm.us
• All applicants must complete the online application/resume submission by following the Apply Now link below to the external application and pre-employment test.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.