Greensburg, IN Full-Time
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., (HPMA) a supplier of automotive valve train component parts to major automotive manufacturers in North America. Headquartered in Greensburg, Indiana, HPMA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Account Manager to serve our automotive customers.
The Account Manager will be responsible for all aspects of customer support, from high-level presentations and negotiations, to regular and timely communication of customer product and service requirements. Additional responsibilities include:
• Managing all commercial elements of a program/platform including but not limited to negotiations and monitoring of target pricing
• Development and quoting of new business
• Monitoring Engineering changes and Key program deliverables
• Tracking of Purchase orders and Tooling orders
• Cross-department communication and reporting
• Work aggressively to secure new business and product opportunities.
• Develop and strengthen customer accounts in the Powdered Metal Industry, ensuring customer satisfaction and service.
• Achieve and maintain specific sales goals to include volumes, pricing, and revenues within the assigned market area.
• Support and manage new and existing customer base through handling of customer inquiries, customer complaints and other miscellaneous day-to-day business support functions.
• Research and analyze market trends to include end use applications, requirements, pricing, usage, and provide recommendations based on research and analysis to management on both the short and long-term direction of market trends
• Lead and coordinate R&D, Quality, and manufacturing process support as appropriate at assigned accounts.
The requirements for this position include:
• BSME or equivalent technical degree or experience
• 5-7 years experience in automotive account management for Tier 1 suppliers
• Understanding of engine and valve train technology preferred
• Knowledge of customer communication channels including electronic data communications
• Strong problem solving, decision making, and negotiating skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in PC applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Travel 30-40% (mostly Midwest)
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and auto (or auto allowance). Pay for this position will be commensurate with experience and education.
• All applicants must submit a resume following the link below.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.