Wixom, MI Full-Time
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., (HPMA) a supplier of automotive valve train component parts to major automotive manufacturers in North America. Headquartered in Greensburg, Indiana, HPMA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Program Manager to serve our automotive customers from our Wixom, MI. office. The Program Manager is responsible for new product development, managing, tracking, leading and supporting projects with efficient and effective program management tools to achieve agreed and defined program targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitoring, leading supporting cross functional topics, timing targets; initiating and supporting necessary meetings to assure timely and effective realization of defined topics & targets.
• Managing, tracking, leading and supporting Karma’s projects with efficient and effective program management tools to achieve agreed and defined program targets (cost, timing, and quality).
• Actively supporting a sustainable cross-functional communication.
• Supporting aggressive problem management processes and activities.
• Leading, managing, supporting and improving product development process.
• Improvement of defined product development system and project management methodology (including multi-project management).
• Continuous improvement of all processes, methodologies and systems.
• Monitoring and tracking sustainable time management (MS Project).
• Assuring that projects achieve defined and agreed targets in timely manner, without increasing costs and decreasing quality.
• Definition, implementation and improvement of defined project & program targets and effective measuring and tracking of these metrics.
• Produce new tracking tools and processes to improve visibility and awareness of project status to management.
• Generating reporting, monitoring and presentation materials to effectively communicate the status of initiatives and program activities.
• Bachelor's degree and/or MBA in Engineering, Business Administration or IT.
• Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in project and/or program management
• PMP certification
• Automotive supplier background.
• A working knowledge of product development, operations and financial processes
• Excellent practical knowledge of Microsoft products, SharePoint
• Excellent practical knowledge of MS Project
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. is an E-verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from your Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) records to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate may be required to stand, sit, and/or walk for long periods of time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and 401k. Medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance is available to employees starting on day one. Other benefits to employees include:
• Paid holidays.
• Advancement opportunities.
• Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement.
• Vehicle supplier discounts.
• Miscellaneous discounts (travel, electronics, etc.).
• Wellness Initiatives.
• Referral Bonus.
• Pet Insurance Discounts.
• Identity Theft Protection Discounts.
To learn more about HPMA, Inc., please visit our website at www.hitachi-pm.us
• All applicants must complete the online application/resume submission by following the Apply Now link below to the external application.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.