Greensburg, IN Full-Time
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., a division of Hitachi Chemical, is a state-of-the-art automotive parts manufacturer of Powdered Metal Engine Components. We have an excellent opportunity for a Product Engineer. This position will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for the planning, organization, and implementation of new/revised product launches to meet engineering, manufacturing, and customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee products from quotation stage to mass production, as well as, provide necessary support functions for mass production parts.
• Develop and lead cross-functional project teams.
• Analyze product drawings, sketches, specifications, and related engineering data to determine design factors, such as fit, form, and function.
• Ensure product designs meet manufacturing specifications and customer requirements.
• Ensure completion of deliverables such as interim reports, project completion reports. Maintain proper communication through all channels.
• Strong initiative, time management and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to lead and manage project groups
• Perform all assignments safely, including such tasks as lifting properly, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and following all safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area utilizing the 6S policy in regards to policies, procedures, and daily activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or associated field.
• Familiarity with TS16949, IATF16949, and ISO14001 regulations.
• Knowledge of powdered metal processing, design, and tooling a plus.
• Mass production experience within the automotive industry.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. is an E-verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from your Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) records to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate may be required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and frequently move about the facility. Occasional lifting is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and 401k. Medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance is available to employees starting on day one. Other benefits to employees include:
• Paid holidays.
• Advancement opportunities.
• Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement.
• Vehicle supplier discounts.
• Miscellaneous discounts (travel, electronics, etc.).
• Wellness Initiatives.
• Referral Bonus.
• Pet Insurance Discounts.
• Identity Theft Protection Discounts.
To learn more about HPMA, Inc., please visit our website at www.hitachi-pm.us
• All applicants must complete the online application/resume submission by following the Apply Now link below to the external application.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.