Greensburg, IN Full-Time
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., (HPMA) is a supplier of automotive valve train component parts to major automotive manufacturers in North America. Headquartered in Greensburg, Indiana, HPMA is seeking experienced material handler for second shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Packing and shipping customer product to specification.
• Daily PM checks of the Reach Trucks.
• Pull shipping supplies as needed (customer specified dunnage).
• Scan and download all movement of product throughout the shipping process.
• High school diploma or equivalent (applicants will be expected to provide verification).
• Ability to read and understand basic work instructions.
• Ability to do basic math.
• Ability to follow instructions and work procedures.
• Ability to fill-out necessary paperwork.
• Ability to communicate verbally with Supervisor, Group Leader, Team Leader, and team members.
• At least one year of prior material handler experience
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Associates are required to use their hands to hold and feel objects as well as to run machines and handle various types of tools and equipment. Associates must be able to lift up to 30 pounds repetitively.
Position type and expected hours of work:
• Type: Full-time
• Shift: 2:30 - 11:00 p.m.
• Hours: 40 hours/week (excluding overtime)
• Overtime: Associates must be able to work daily and weekly overtime, in excess of 40 hours per week.
• Pay Scale: $16.00/hour base pay + $2.00 shift differential
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and 401k. Medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance is available to employees starting on day one. Other benefits to employees include:
• Paid holidays
• Paid vacation
• Advancement Opportunities
• Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement
• Vehicle supplier discounts
• Miscellaneous discounts (travel, electronics, etc.)
• Wellness Initiatives
• Referral Bonus
• Perfect Attendance Bonus
• Pet Insurance Discounts
• Identity Theft Protection Discounts
To learn more about HPMA, please visit our website at www.hitachi-pm.us
• All applicants must complete the online application and pre-employment test.
• The application and test can be accessed by following the Apply Now link below to the external application and pre-employment test.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.