Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., a division of Hitachi Chemical, and a state-of-the-art automotive parts manufacturer of Powdered Metal Engine Components, is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op for its Greensburg, Indiana facility beginning in Summer 2018. The manufacturing development department is tasked with both traditional manufacturing engineering tasks as well as the development of advanced manufacturing methods for its customer products.
- Support team with the installation and commissioning new machining lines
- Update plant layout drawings
- Perform fixed asset management inventory
- Process improvement
- Plant documentation
- Conduct quality analysis and statistical analysis
- Currently pursuing degree in an engineering discipline (ME, EE, MET, EET preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit beneficial
- Any PLC programming experience also beneficial
* Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. *
- Ability to work in fast paced team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with all associates from the plant floor to management
- Ability to prepare and present information from assigned tasks
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to issues as they arise
- All applicants must complete the online application and submit a resume.
- The application and resume can be submitted by following the Apply Now link below to the external application.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.