Greensburg, IN Full-Time
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., (HPMA) is a supplier of automotive valve train component parts to major automotive manufacturers in North America. Headquartered in Greensburg, Indiana, HPMA is seeking an experienced Industrial Maintenance Technician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform a variety of maintenance tasks on powdered metal equipment and facility.
• Troubleshoot issues with equipment, PLC’s, advanced hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled repairs.
• Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and facility.
• Complete improvement projects.
• Train employees on proper operation and care of equipment.
• Perform all assignments safely, including such tasks as lifting properly, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and following all safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area utilizing the 6S policy in regards to policies, procedures, and daily activities.
• Suggest and assist with implementing continuous improvement programs.
• High school diploma.
• Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance or equivalent.
• 10 yrs. minimum hands on industrial maintenance experience.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Must be able to work well under pressure but still abide by all safety standards.
• Possess very strong electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, PLC troubleshooting skills.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Associates are required to use their hands to hold and feel objects as well as to run machines and handle various types of tools and equipment. Associates must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
Position type and expected hours of work:
• Type: Full-time
• This is a 12-hour shift position (6:00pm-6:30am), which works on a rotating 3 days on, 2 days off/2 days on, 3 days off schedule.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and 401k. Medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance is available to employees starting on day one. Other benefits to employees include:
• Paid holidays
• Advancement Opportunities
• Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement
• Vehicle supplier discounts
• Miscellaneous discounts (travel, electronics, etc.)
• Wellness Initiatives
• Referral Bonus
• Perfect Attendance Bonus
• Pet Insurance Discounts
• Identity Theft Protection Discounts
To learn more about HPMA, please visit our website at www.hitachi-pm.us
• All applicants must complete the online application by following the Apply Now link below to the external application.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.