Greensburg, IN Full-Time
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., (HPMA) is a supplier of automotive valve train component parts to major automotive manufacturers in North America. Headquartered in Greensburg, Indiana, HPMA is seeking experienced machine operators for all shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Work in accordance with production work instructions and/or verbal instructions to effectively perform operations and to ensure manufacture of products, which conform to TS16949, ISO14001, Ford Q1 and customer quality standards..
• Check part dimensions with the use of various types of measuring equipment including but not limited to gauges, calipers, etc..
• Visually check for defects in parts.
• Must be able to learn how to/complete minor machine adjustments.
• Perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines.
• Complete daily production totals paperwork and OEE boards.
• Attend daily pre-shift meetings.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment.
• Perform all assignments safely, including such tasks as lifting properly, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and following all safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area utilizing the 6S policy in regards to policies, procedures, and daily activities.
• Suggest and assist with implementing continuous improvement programs.
• High school diploma or equivalent (applicants will be expected to provide verification)
• Ability to read and understand basic work instructions
• Ability to do basic math
• Ability to follow instructions and work procedures
• Ability to fill-out necessary paperwork, including quality check sheets
• Must possess general mechanical aptitude (i.e. the ability to do/learn how to perform basic machine adjustments to ensure quality parts
• Strong work ethics
• Exceptional attendance record
• At least one year of prior manufacturing/industrial experience
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Associates are required to use their hands to hold and feel objects as well as to run machines and handle various types of tools and equipment. Associates must be able to lift up to 35 pounds repetitively.
Position type and expected hours of work:
Hours: 40 hours/week (excluding overtime)
Overtime: Associates must be able to work daily and weekly overtime, in excess of 40 hours per week.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k. Medical, dental, and vision insurance is available to employees starting on day one.
To learn more about HPMA, please visit our website at www.hitachi-pm.us
• All applicants must complete the online application and pre-employment test.
• The application and test can be accessed by following the Apply Now link below to the external application and pre-employment test.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.