Manufacturing Development Engineer
Greensburg, IN Full-Time
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc., a division of Hitachi Chemical, is a state-of-the-art automotive parts manufacturer of Powdered Metal Engine Components. We have an excellent opportunity for a creative, “hands on” and self-motivated engineer within the Manufacturing Development group. The Manufacturing Development Engineer will be responsible for the development and installation of new manufacturing equipment focusing on Lean Manufacturing principles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Determines and reviews all manufacturing processes for feasibility and cost effectiveness, both before and after engineering releases to manufacturing.
• Project management and tracking to ensure on time completion of major capital projects.
• Assists with implementing cost reduction projects; tracks and documents progress and effectiveness.
• Handles improvements to manufacturing processes from concept through design, fabrication, and implementation.
• Participates with Manufacturing, Engineering, Assembly, Machine Shop and Quality Managers in performing failure analysis, root cause analysis, and corrective action of quality failures.
• Machine installation, automation build and design, and line layout.
• Strong initiative, time management and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Prior experience with Autodesk software (Inventor, AutoCAD) for development of mechanical drawings for automated machinery and plant layouts
• Mechanical design of automated machinery.
• Ability to lead project groups.
• Experience with robotic part handling.
• Working knowledge of PLC/HMI programming (AB, Mitsubishi, Proface).
• Knowledge of powdered metal manufacturing process a plus.
• Perform all assignments safely, including such tasks as lifting properly, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and following all safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area utilizing the 6S policy in regards to policies, procedures, and daily activities.
• BS degree in EET, MET, or MFET.
• Basic understanding of automated equipment, robotic systems, and CAD.
• 5-10 years of experience
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Associates are required to use their hands to hold and feel objects as well as to run machines and handle various types of tools and equipment. Associates must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hitachi Powdered Metals (USA), Inc. offers a competitive compensation program, as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, prescription and 401k. Medical, dental, prescription, and vision insurance is available to employees starting on day one. Other benefits to employees include:
• Paid holidays.
• Advancement opportunities.
• Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement.
• Vehicle supplier discounts.
• Miscellaneous discounts (travel, electronics, etc.).
• Wellness Initiatives.
• Referral Bonus.
• Perfect Attendance Bonus.
• Pet Insurance Discounts.
• Identity Theft Protection Discounts.
To learn more about HPMA, Inc., please visit our website at www.hitachi-pm.us
• All applicants must complete the online application/resume submission by following the Apply Now link below to the external application and pre-employment test.
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hitachi Chemical Co. America, Ltd. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Hitachi management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.